GOODMAN PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES
At Goodman Physical Therapy, we offer a wide range of services designed to get (and keep!) you healthy. We practice hands-on physical therapy based on the newest research and are committed to getting you the best results in fewer visits.
For Genital Pain
- Vaginal, rectal, perineal and genital pain can occur with sexual intercourse, urination, or even sitting; and may involve the lower abdomen, vaginal area, or be associated with low back pain. Includes vaginismus, vulvar pain syndromes, and dyspareunia.
- Treatment goals: to get rid of pain with activity including pain during sexual intercourse.
During & After Pregnancy
- Women may suffer from joint or muscle pain, sciatica or back pain, swelling in the feet and hands, or carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Treatment goals: to avoid loss of strength and circulation, alleviate pain, create pelvic and trunk stability that is lost during and after pregnancy in order to be pain-free, learn safe body mechanics to protect your back during sleep and with breast feeding, and learn unique exercises to assist with an easier labor and delivery. Bed Rest: special arrangements can be made for home visits.
For Osteoporosis & Prevention
- Treatment goals: to learn customized weight bearing exercises designed to lower the risk of breaking bones and designed to meet your lifestyle.
After Abdominal Surgery
- Includes hysterectomy, hernia repair, cesarean section, removal of ovarian cysts, and cosmetic surgery.
- Treatment goals: to improve posture associated with weak muscles, improve quality of movement with walking and reaching for objects overhead, and alleviate pain associated with scar tissue.
For Urinary Incontinence
- Can occur with sneezing, coughing, during pregnancy, or following childbirth. Stretching or trauma to the pelvic floor muscles may cause weakness which can cause uncontrolled urine or fecal loss.
- Treatment goals: to decrease urinary frequency or urgency, increase muscle control in the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles to alleviate urinary leakage.
For Orthopedic Conditions
- A strain, sprain or pain can occur in any muscle or joint in your body whether or not you’ve had surgery.
- Treatment goals: to relieve pain and increase function with everyday activities.
Your symptoms will be evaluated and treated using some of the following tools and techniques:
- Soft Tissue Massage to alleviate pain in tight muscles.
- Biofeedback/sEMG to train weak or uncoordinated muscles to function normal.
- Therapeutic Exercise to stretch or strengthen muscles and relieve pain.
- Electrical Stimulation to alleviate pain and relax muscles.
- Joint Mobilization to increase movement and decrease pain.
- Visceral Manipulation for increased motility and mobility of organs, and decreased dysfunction.
- Infrared Light for increased oxygenation and tissue healing and decreased pain.